Sunday, August 14

Psst...

I'm going to be let you in on a little secret: I want to write.
And to be even more ridiculous? I want to be published!

Let me be quite clear: I don't expect to write a literary masterpiece. I don't crave awards or even recognition, though who am I kidding, as if I'd ever turn them down!
But what I'd really like? What I really, really want? Is to write an entertaining story that people might be willing to pay for. To be able to create a page-turner with nothing more than my love of words, my imagination and a bloody good thesaurus... well that would just make my millenium! I long to walk into a shop (physically or virtually) and recognise a book or novel as mine.

So this is the beginning of that journey for me. I've never shared my work so publicly, for the judgement of all who might come this way. I know it wont be everyone's cup of tea, but feel free to leave a comment. I'll ask you to be kind, but more than that, I need you to be honest. This path I've chosen to embark on is bound to be long and the hurdles many, so I need to start practising my jumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment